There is a way to auto configure the proxy settings on modern browsers, so
that you don't have to manually configure them individually

WPAD and Proxy auto-config
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Proxy_Autodiscovery_Protocol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config

Walter

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 8:14 AM, A Mohan Rao <mohanra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I m using squid3-dev and squardguard-squid3 with transparent proxy with
> https proxy.
> All works fine but gmail or goole not open. Other sites working good.
> When i try to access google or gmail its given certificate error. i
> checked my level best also many times create or delete certificates then
> also import that certificate on browser but still m having same problem...
> Really very appritiate and lots of thanks in advance if give any positive
> IDEA.
>
> Thanks
> Mohan
> +91 98260 61122
> On Jun 18, 2014 1:02 PM, "Jan" <j...@agetty.de> wrote:
>
>> On 06/17/2014 05:32 PM A Mohan Rao wrote:
>> > actually i need to block https sites like https facebook or https
>> youtube
>> > etc with transparent proxy.
>> >
>> > now pls give any idea...!
>>
>> You may want to try using the CONNECT method in order to filter HTTPS
>> requests. Those happen before a secure connection is being established.
>> This way you can filter
>>
>> I usually run dansguardian which has a quite complex but very effective
>> way
>> of filtering SSL related traffic.
>>
>> From its documentation:
>>
>> "Blanket SSL blocking so you can block SSL anonymous proxies and allow
>> access to legitimate SSL sites such as banking by whitelisting"
>>
>> => http://dansguardian.org/
>>
>> But be aware using CONNECT method based filtering requires the proxy to be
>> explicitly configured on respective devices and therefore won't work with
>> transparent proxy.
>>
>> Additional information on the CONNECT method:
>>
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTPS
>>
>> Cheers

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis