Help!!  I'm trying to get per interface OpenVPN rules working and have run into
a problem:
I go into the Interfaces->(assign) menu and create an interface assignment
(OPENVPN_OPS).
Now, when I create rules for the OpenVPN_Ops interface, using 'OPEN_VPN_OPS
net' as 'Source' the rule never hits.  It doesn't appear that the 'net' and
'address' aliases are being populated when the connection is established.  Is
this correct?

The intent is to use this feature to create per-configuration OpenVPN rules
then further refine the rules using Client Specific Overrides.

In the end we want to be able to provide some general, very restrictive rules
for users based on how they connect (think general function, i.e. accounting,
tech support, dev, it, etc) then open up additional resources based on identity
(CSO's?).  We also want to make it difficult for an administrator to
accidentally create security holes or break access by fat-fingering IP
addresses, etc.  Will this scheme work for this scenario?

Is there a better way to accomplish this?
I have looked briefly at using AD or Radius to push rules to the FW ... would
this work better?  I still don't like that, apparently, this would move some of
the functionality into the authentication mechanisms.  Also, I don't believe AD
or Radius work with CSO's.  I don't want to create a maintenance nightmare as
we scale up.

Appreciate any assistance or suggestions.
--

Paul Beriswill
PDF Complete Inc | www.pdfcomplete.com<http://www.pdfcomplete.com/>

[cid:part3.03050603.06030406@pdfcomplete.com]<http://www.pdfcomplete.com/>