I use imgburn to burn all of my pfSense CDs (and Windows, Linux and FreeBSD
DVDs). I second the recommendation. If you have picked the correct image,
it should boot unless there is something strange with the HP hardware. The
fact that a Windows disk boots doesn't prove that hardware isn't "strange"
or have some sort of other issue. I'd double check that everything is
correct.

Walter

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Harlan Stenn <har...@pfcs.com> wrote:

> I use imgburn to put a .iso on a CD.
>
> I use imgburn to burn all of my windows optical media.

> On 10/30/14 4:01 PM, Mark Hisel wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to make an install CD but no joy.  Upfront, this is not a
> > pfSense issue but maybe someone can help.  Thanks to those who have
> > already responded.
> >
> > I used WinISO, which lets me fiddle with the boot record, so I burned a
> > CD and then made an ISO from it and the ISO has a boot record.
> >
> > But it won't boot.  I went through the same exercise with Oracle Linux
> > and got the same results.  The same machine boots up a Windows OS just
> > fine.  I'm trying to boot onto a DL380 G3

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D. Brandeis