On a plain vanilla Alix 3port board with 2.1.5 previously installed, my autoupdate installed Asterisk (my only package) with no problems.

I have only lightly tested things though - perhaps problems will pop up.

FWIW

Bob G

On 01/28/2015 03:41 AM, WolfSec-Support wrote:

    > we have general problems with v2.2
    >
    > I tried to update 13 devices, and only some worked fine (1 ALIX),
    > and one virtual machine (afterwards crashes see below)
    >
    > Most we had problems, e.g:
    > - looping packet installations without ending - reboot is not
    solving it

    In what circumstance?

after launching the amd64 based pfsense to make an upgrade from 2.1.5 to v.2.2 via webgui,
it installs the upgrade, and then reinstalls all packages

this never ends

also a reboot will not solve this / brake package installation loop

    > Intel X5550 Issue under VMware ESXi 5.1
    >
    > - crashes on ALL machines which run under VMware ESXi 5.1 on CPU:

    There has to be some difference between this and the other outside of
    the CPU. Some configuration difference, or something. What are you
    using on these that you aren't on the others?

all use same packages and same plattform, and same sevices:

packages:
- squid
- lightsquid
- open-vm-tools
- cron
- autoconfigbackup

other vm's with only:
packages:
- open-vm-tools
- cron
- autoconfigbackup

have same issue

I tested also on different hosts (3x same HP DL 380 G6 with same CPU's)

same issue

also I thried without any package:
- crashes

services used:
- DNS Forwarder
- OpenVPN
- Firewall for sure ;)
- HA
- Limiters

all worked fine under v2.1.5

    The only crashing scenario I've found in release is limiters+HA as
    noted in the upgrade guide.
    https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Upgrade_Guide

uh, may have ignored that fact - yes - limiters & HA

well, question:
- disabling the limiters would solve this issue in meantime ?
- or do I have to delete all limiters

but:
on other CPU under VMware ESX5.1 I have release 2.2 WITH HA AND limiters up and running without problems....

strange....

so, would help If you anser upper questions - I will do some test here

Many thanks for the helpinng hint

Best regards
Stephan