? Good morning all.

For the year or so, i have been running Microtik Router OS on either their own
hardware or my own hardware, and all has mostly been good, bar the fact the OS
wont see more than 2Gb of ram and my machine has 8...

Anyway, i decided to install PFsense 2.2 on a new hard drive and plugged in
into my existing hardware, but now i have some questions about getting this
fully working the same way it worked on RouterOS.

First, some background. The machine in question is an old HP Proliant ML110 G5
server with an Intel Core2Quad, 8Gb ram, i think its a 500Gb hdd (just grabbed
the first one i could fix) and a mix of network cards giving a total of 12 GigE
connections.  There are 3 WAN connections (2 Cable modems at 200/20 and a VDSL
at 100/20, closer to 70ish.) The cable modems give out public IPs (they are in
Bridged mode) and the machine gets an IP via DHCP. The VDSL is PPPoE.

I have managed to get a somewhat basic load balancing setup working, and it
does seem to work grand. Speedtest.net, which now seems to be multithreaded, is
giving me download speeds of anywhere from 420 - 480mb/s.

Now, the real question:

In RouterOS i could do the following:

Any incoming traffic (from the LAN) from a given IP address, could be routed
though a given upstream connection, be that a specific WAN connection or a VPN
connection.
Any Incoming traffic (from the LAN) to a given IP address or network (for
example BBC) could be routed though a given upstream provider, again WAN or VPN
All incoming requests that come from a particular WAN connection (eg, web web
request on port 80) will return over that connection, so traffic requested on
port 80 on WAN 1 will be returned to the client on WAN1.

I think thats all the major issues i have... I think (but could be wrong) i
have the second one working, but i would like to know if there is a better way
of doing it then as follows:

Firewall, Rules, LAN and i have a connection that says Dest is <IP block>, dest
port *, source is LAN Net,  source IP is *, gateway is <upstream i want to send
to>.

This is the top option, and at the bottom are the standard allow everything out
connections...

Am i doing this right?

Thanks again!

--Tiernan?