I do not know if there are any auto detection network stuff but it
sounds like you could do this somehow with some firewall rules.  You
could have some block rules setup to block the VPN out through x
network.  It would still keep trying to connect but would not when it
cannot get out because it is on blocked networks.

You could use separate interfaces.  It looks like you can select which
interface to use to connect out now with openvpn clients.

After that I would think you should look at doing some scripting.  It
may be just simpler to figure out how to enable and disable clients
via the command line/save settings and restart the openvpn service.
You could setup a cronjob to check networks and act accordingly every
1 min.....