You also need a real NULL modem cable.  Actually there's probably nothing
wrong with your USB to Serial.
The blue Cisco cables are rollover cables.  They are not NULL modem
cables.  Welcome to serial cable pinout hell.  ;-)
Some of us have been here a long time.  I'm no expert but i've got 3
different serial cables and converters in my toolbag having learned the
hard way the variety of devices and requirements.

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 2:30 PM, Jeremy Bennett <jbenn...@hikitechnology.com