GRE tunnels will not just between 2 pfsense units but also my juniper and cisco sites as well..which is the main reason why i dont want to start off with openvpn.

Sent from my VEGA

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [pfSense] GRE between 2 pfsense boxes
From: Adam Thompson <athom...@athompso.net>
Date: Mon, 2015-03-30 19:40
CC:

Performance and flexibility. OpenVPN is good at getting unicast IP traffic from A to B, but it's difficult to, say, run OSPF over it. It also need ridiculous amounts of CPU time to encrypt, especially painful in situations that don't need encryption.
So, yeah, there are a LOT of use cases where GRE is the better choice.
-Adam