On 2015-Apr-11, at 12:51 AM, Fabian Wenk <fab...@wenks.ch> wrote:

> I had a similar problem, but already when switching from 2.1.x to 2.2. I got
> it working again with not selecting any interface(s) in the NTP Server
> Configuration.

I've created a bug report (https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/4604) with an
attached (too big for list) PDF of screenshots that show the following:

- 2 time-server entries: time.apple.com and another pfSense box (in that order)

- select both WAN and LAN interface OR select neither interface:
 + other pfSense box is always status "Unreach/Pending"
 + time.apple.com works

- select only LAN interface:
 + other pfSense box works
 + time.apple.com is always status "Unreach/Pending"

- select only WAN interface:
 + other pfSense box is always status "Unreach/Pending"
 + time.apple.com works

I didn't capture the screenshots, but if you reverse the order of the 2
time-server entries, it also reverses the working vs. "Unreach/Pending" status,
given the same interface selection(s).

I have a multi-LAN, multi-WAN config with only the LAN interfaces selected and
a single time.apple.com time-server entry, and that works fine.

Another simple LAN/WAN box also has only the LAN interface selected and a
single time.apple.com time-server entry, and that works fine -- but on that
system, the LAN interface appears first in the list ... so the bug appears to
be associated with the order of the selected entries in the interfaces list.