The application on the nagios server would make a web request to the
https port and would check the exp date when it connected. I suppose
you could use the openssl client to connect to the VPN service if it
uses a different cert with a different date.

Walter

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 1:17 AM, Philipp Tölke <pt+pfse...@fos4x.de> wrote:
> Hi Walter,
>
> thanks for your answer!
>
> On 19.06.2015 01:24, Walter Parker wrote:
>>
>> If your network is large enough to have a monitoring package (like
>> Nagios), some of them support certificate checking.
>

> Can nagios access the certificates on the pfSense or would I have to upload
> all interesting certificates?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Philipp Tölke

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men
of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.   -- Justice Louis D.
Brandeis