We've gone all-in with AC in challenging environments (crowded, congested etc). UniFi AP-AC to be exact. It's awesome.

One trick with UniFi AP-AC (vs AP-PRO) is that UniFi AP-AC *needs* 802.3at PoE PSE. It will APPEAR to work with 802.3af PoE PSE, but it will choke under even light load. Literally it will become power-starved and it will malfunction or reset. We've seen stability with Juniper's 802.3af+ 'PoE-Plus' firmware update which gets you up to ~18w per PD. Without it, the voltage will sag under load and reboot.

-K