On 24/Jul/15 08:53, Seth Mos wrote:
> In a pinch I use the Linksys E2500 or EA2700 dual band wireless access
> points. Set a static IP, disable the DCHP server and connect the cable
> to the LAN ports. That's handy for connecting the Xbox in the living
> room. I mounted it behind the TV using one of the VESA mount screw holes
> for hanging it off, and route the wires through the base of the TV.
> Excellent wireless signal in the room.
>
> You get a 3 free switch ports on location as well for just ~40 euros.

I'm using the EA2700 as one of the AP's in my house.

I've had to run only one band (2.4GHz), because maintaining a wireless
connection on either band with a multi-band client is terrible with the
unit. This is with and without the software update (although I've read
reports about this being caused mostly by the latest update that
modifies the wireless controller drivers some).

Nonetheless, happy with the unit when running 2.4GHz band only. Streams
my DLNA services across the house quite nicely, can't complain.

I'm running it in AP mode, as I have a Netgear wi-fi router doing the
routing, NAT, e.t.c., for my ADSL connection.

Mark.