Hi all,

I run a pfSense Firewall at home for a very long time. First with a
Alix-Board, now with a ATOM based system. I really like it very much.

I just moved to a new house and the only fast Internet connection is via
my local cabel provider (Unitymedia). They only offer DSLite, but I have
a ipv4 subnet at my local hoster (hetzner), where I can use one of my
public ip addresses to route it to my home network.
I also have to use the cable modem / router provided by my ISP, a
Fritzbox. My ISP requires me to leave TR-064 on, so I don't trust the
Fritzbox and want to put my own Firewall between my network and the
Fritzbox. This firewall should be pfSense.

My plan is to configure pfSense as a VPN server and only configure the
ipv6 address for the WAN Interface and use a VPN client to connect to my
pfsense via ipv6 and route one of my real ipv4 address from my provider
to my pfsense. So my ipv4 default route will point through my VPN
endpoint to my server on the internet.

Is such a setup possible or are there reason (I can not see) why this
will/could not work.
Especially is it possible to configure FW-Rules and Port-Forwarding to
this ipv4 address and is it possible to create a VPN connection to my
public ipv4 address (Even when it means it is a VPN in VPN connection).

Thanks for any hint or solution for this problem.

CU
Jens