On 2015-Sep-04, at 1:18 PM, David Hatch <da...@h-wire.com> wrote:

> We are having all the same symptoms above. All of our firewalls are
> running 2.2.4. Everything that has 2 phase 2 entries is on IKE v2. ...
>
> Has anyone figured this out? ... nothing I can do will fix it short of pining
> from
> a non-pfsense box inside the LAN to a remote location. Doing this
> constantly will keep the connection solid, but that's about it. Any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you search the archives for the subject
2.2.1 Site-to-Site IPsec VPN Connection Instability
you'll find this is an issue that's been experienced by others.

Your "ping via an external system" workaround is what works (code in one of the
posted emails).

On 2015-04-04 I provided Chris Buechler some logs he requested and on
2015-04-07 he responded with
---
thanks, that should help narrow things down. I don't see anything
obvious at a glance, will more closely correlate timestamps and across
logs when I have time at some point this week.
---
That was the last I heard.

I'm still on v2.2.2 and the issue still exists.  From what you're saying,
sounds like it's still in 2.2.4.