On Wed 18 Nov 2015 06:14:16 NZDT +1300, Bret Busby wrote:

The short answer is no and no.
> Does installing pfSense, especially, using the "Quick/Easy Install
> option", allow for installation so as to allow for multiple boot
> options (being able to choose an alternative boot option)?

pfsense is a turn-key system requiring its own dedicated hard disk,
which gets wiped during "easy install".
Perhaps, in theory, you could transplant an existing installation into a
new partition, but you'd really have to know what you're doing. I don't
think Linux can create or write freebsd filesystems, reading them might
work.

> The second query is thus; from what I understand, the "pfSense Default
> Configuration" has "LAN is configured with a  static IPv4 address     of
> 192.168.1.1/24". Is it possible, with the "Quick/Easy Install option",
> to retain the current LAN configuration

No. pfsense is not aware of any other firewalls' configuration files.
Start from scratch.

You can change the LAN interface's IP address somewhere during easy
install IIRC, it's on the console at the end of installation.

HTH,

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann