get the agent from the github repository.

source https://github.com/Azure/WALinuxAgent

compile for your version look in the help about. this only works for pfsense
based on freebsd 10 !!!!!!!!!!!! not the older versions.
there is a custom one for older versions to version 6 but has a cost and is
closed source.

DIRTY WAY
get the image you want to use boot it login setup goto the file manager in
captive portal and upload the file you compiled. then enable ssh
login via ssh enable package manager then fetch python then run the file you
uploaded with the "waagent  -install "option then after installed check the log
file. double check the start up script and check to make sure active. see
https://doc.pfsense.org/index.php/Installing_FreeBSD_Packages

check the log for any errors.
/var/log/waagent.log if everything is ok then go back to gui and reset it to
defaults but don’t let it completely reboot power off.
then add as a vm as usual.

if your making money with it ask them to make a real python package and package
the waaagent as a pfsense package to.
or do it in house.
Robert

sorry if it is a ramble but have been up late but i think you can get the idea.