On 1/22/16 11:02 AM, Seth Mos wrote:
>> on a fresh installed box, IPv4 configured on 2 NICs (WAN and LAN), IPv6
>> not configured, pfSense starts advertising itself as IPv6 gateway on LAN
>> using its link-local address (fe80::/64).
>>
>> That's not the correct behavior I guess.
>>
>> Is it a bug?
>
> No, that sounds about right, it advertises itself as the gateway.

well, let me disagree.
when a router (pfSense) has RA disabled (as previously stated in my
message), it simply should not per RFC 4861.

in other words, nevertheless pfSense 2.2.6 has no IPv6 configured (i.e.
no v6 address on interfaces, RA disabled), it advertises itself as IPv6 gw.

let me know
thank you
--
antonio