On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Pete Boyd <petes-li...@thegoldenear.org> wrote:
> What is the change in 2.3.0 that means that Firefox 38 ESR now gives me
> this message when trying to login using the GUI on 2 of 3 systems I have
> upgraded from 2.2.6 so far, via OpenVPN:
>
> "Secure Connection Failed
> The connection to X.X.X.X was interrupted while the page was loading.
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity
> of the received data could not be verified."
>
> I can get around this with Chrome 49, by choosing Advanced and something
> like 'Login anyway'.
>
> Firefox works fine with one of the systems I've upgraded, the local one.

TLSv1.0 was disabled. Firefox 31 and newer all have TLS 1.1 and 1.2
enabled by default, so that shouldn't impact anything. The cipher list
is a bit stronger as well. But it works with everything but old
unsupported IE versions and Windows XP. If it's the same browser and
system that can connect to 1 of 3 but not the other two, there's
something else going on there. Not sure what, haven't heard of that
from anyone else.