One more time:  there is only so much I can say about the issue.  Richard
Relph's message is inaccurate, but I can not describe why or how.

Specific to the subject of this thread:  The coreboot (it's not really a
BIOS, and yes, I'm splitting hairs) update addresses a Intel-issued
"specification clarification" for C2000-based systems.

The Intel specification clarification is available at the following
location:
https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/specification-updates/atom-c2000-family-spec-update.pdf

This specification clarification includes the following text on page 36:

*“If your system does not use SERIRQ and BIOS puts SERIRQ in Quiet-Mode,
then the*
*weak external pull up resistor is not required. All other cases must
implement an*
*external pull-up resistor, 8.2k to 10k, tied to 3.3V.”*

Since the LPC bus, including SERIRQ is not used in the SG-2xxx, SG-4xxx and
SG-8xxx systems, a software workaround for this specification clarification
has been implemented by ADI Engineering in v12 of coreboot for the affected
systems. The workaround disables SERIRQ to prevent indeterminate interrupt
behavior for these systems.

The instructions on how to update all affected systems are at the following
URLs:

https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-2220/adi-bios-flash.html
https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-2440/adi-bios-flash.html
https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-4860/adi-bios-flash.html
https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-4860-1u/adi-bios-flash.html
https://www.netgate.com/docs/sg-8860-1u/adi-bios-flash.html

We are also working on a 'package' (for pfSense) that will do most of the
work outlined in this documentation.

If you aren't running pfSense on your system, then there is a
different procedure, please contact Netgate customer support.

We have tested this update and believe it to be low risk for you to
implement. However, we encourage you to always backup your configuration
before applying any update or change.

We recommend that you update your affected systems at your earliest
convenience.

Jim