On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 5:04 PM, Karl Fife <karlf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good mSATA drive (i.e. controller chip) that
> supports a full suite of smartctl commands, such as an ATA (hdparm) secure
> erase, and self-test?  Many have partial support, and it's really hard to
> find out what support exists short of bench testing.

No one gave you a recommendation?  Most of the SSD type devices support all
this stuff now.  I wish I could help more.  I thought there was a spec now,
at least I know there is a space for SAS devices.

I wonder if you seach for OPAL disks if you will come up with better
results:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opal_Storage_Specification

https://wiki.hackspherelabs.com/index.php?title=SED_Hard_Drives