> On Jun 26, 2017, at 5:27 PM, Jeppe Øland <jol...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, at least that matches what I found: That I can't get connections to
> the internet working without allowing everything else too.
>
> That seems like a pretty bad design... It would be much better to be able
> to allow something to just the WAN interface...
>
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Jim Spaloss <jspal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The rule(s) that allow internet access are the "Allow to Any" rule(s). This
>> could be accomplished as one rule on a floating or interface group ruleset.
>> (Allow any from any to any).
>>
>> The trick is to block the things that you don't want the DMZ to have access
>> to first. I also use an alias to keep the DMZs from talking to each other.
>>
>> If you want, I could post some screenshots of my config.

You can allow something to just the WAN interface. It’s just that the WAN
interface is not the internet.

There is really nothing different here from any stateful firewall made.

If this is a vote, I would record that I pretty much despise passing traffic to
! RFC1918. I would much rather see Block to RFC1918 then Pass any.

I have reasons. First of which is don’t block traffic with a pass rule. Block
undesired traffic with a block rule. Reasons.

I like jspal...@gmail.com's solution.

If you take something like 172.29.128.0/18 and assign your DMZ interfaces out
of that, you can block them all with one rule.