On Fri, May 25, 2018 at 4:56 AM, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <
tdteoenm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Questions are:
>
> (1) Is pfSense, coupled with Snort IDS, the best open source
> firewall/IDS/IPS in the world?

It is my preferred one, for sure, and I have used it for multiple office
locations and my data center for many years. The word "best", however, has
no real meaning without context. You need to specify your environment and
your requirements to decide which software is the optimal choice.

> (2) Is pfSense on par with commercial firewall appliances, including
> Cisco ASA, Cisco Sourcefire, Fortigate, SonicWall, etc?

Again, you have to define your requirements. Likely for most small to
medium sized organizations basic needs, pfSense will be comparable to the
other commercial offerings.