Hello,

A newbie REBOL user, I'm trying to do 2-way communication over TCP/IP using
REBOL.  I've two connections established between two nodes, so each is
independently a "server" and "client" to the other.  The connection and
communication works fine, that's not the problem.  The problem comes in
trying to essentially "multi-thread" the overall program so it can both talk
and listen "at the same time."

To read what's coming in from the remote node on port "remote", I've tried
both of these two approaches:

data: first remote

read-io remote data size

However, both approaches cause the problem of HANGING until data arrives on
the port "remote" (or ultimately the port times out).   Of course, when that
happens, there's no way I can get back around to service the talker side of
things.

What I need is something like  input?  for a port... telling me if there is
data available or not.  If not, I can go check for data to send.  If so, I
can grab it and use it.  Can anyone point me to the solution... I now
there's gotta be one, I'm just not seeing it!

Thanks,

Russ