I've used rebol to generate files of SQL which I've then executed on my DBMS.
REBOL/core works exceeding well in this sense, 'parse being so much easier to use than
regex (especially when you don't sue regex every day).
As far as interacting directly with your DBMS, you have two options:

1) Use messaging and either interface directly with the DBMS through its protocal or
via an interpreter server program, perhaps written in perl.

2) Wait for a version of REBOL that supports this in a neater way.

In other words, if you're just generating SQL code, REBOL is great.  If you need more
than that, you may want to wait and see if/how connectivity is introduced.

--
Andrew Grossman
http://web.dartmouth.edu/~grossman/pgp.html

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This is a pretty simple question. I want to write perform some tasks in
Rebol that manipulate our Mysql databases.

How can we interface with the database; i.e. pass it commands. Or do I have
to wait for Rebol/command?
--- end of quote ---