Hello,
On 27-Oct-99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     One thing I find bothersome is the [REBOL]'s at the start
>     of the headers.
>
>     I use Outlook98 to read email, for many reasons that I
>     don't what to debate :-)
>
>     I like to use it's threaded message view(By Conversation Topic),
>     but because of the way the subject headers are structured I
>     can't.
>
>     Could someone please explain to me why the [REBOL] is at the
>     start and the Re:'s are at the end of the subject message?
>
>     I don't want a flame war, just some understanding.

As for the [REBOL], I like it, I can see at a glance which ML a mail is from
(I'm on several), particularly if there was a problem in filtering to
folders.
For the Re:, it's location is actually a function of the various mailers.
YAM on the Amiga puts it at the beginning of the subject after dropping the
[REBOL], which SELMA puts back on the front

Elliott