Hello, Subhrajyoti:

On 17-Nov-99, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >>Subhrajyoti: consider that, if REBOL
> >>doesn't make money before their funding
> >>runs out, there will be no REBOL language.
> >>That would make a lot more people upset.

> Donald: i just was just thinking about  java, python, perl,
> tcl/tk all of them survives right ...

> java: [has SUN behind it]
> python: [has ...... (what???)]
> perl: [has ...... (what???)]
> tcl/tk: [has ..... (what???)]

I know next to nothing about their financial models, nor how well they are
surviving in the program world. Regardless, they are not REBOL, nor do they
all have the same goals, including financial goals.

Some things in this world are just worth buying.

> LINUX: [has .... (what???)]

LINUX was created by a student, who now works for a very secretive company,
and is, no doubt, very well paid. Therefore, the Linus does not rely upon
LINUX's survival for his own survival.

> REBOL: [has AMIGA behind it right A.... NOW WHAT????]

;^) Hardly. Also, even if that were true, it would be no ringing endorsement,
under the current circumstances.

> HAIL REBOL....

Evangelism never paid a bill yet.

--