Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED]!

On 10-Dic-99, you wrote:

 b> You are correct for the most part, but I was thinking of the
 b> embedded devices like the PalmPilot and other devices which
 b> only have a black & white screen. Also, the Amiga console

Sorry, I forgot those platforms... :-) Anyway, one could ask the
console what are its capabilities. It happens all the time on Unix
terminals... Text-only applications adapt their interface to the
capabilities of the terminal.

 b> colors are dependent on the Workbench palette and generally
 b> only support 4 colors if I remember correctly. I think those

8 colors I think. ViNCEd in ANSI mode has all the 16 standard ANSI
colors.

 b> colors are mapped to the first four colors of the Workbench
 b> palette. Therefore, it would make it difficult to implement if
 b> the REBOL scripter said something like text="red" print
 b> "Hello" as REBOL won't know which color is (or if any are)
 b> mapped to red.

That could certainly be a problem (not a big one, IMHO)...

Anyway, I'd like to see at least a reversed mode (eg. white on
black instead of black on white).

Regards,
    Gabriele.
--
| Gabriele Santilli / /_/_\_\ \ Amiga Group Italia --- L'Aquila |