Hi Rebols,

O.K. empty? is a synonym for tail?. The question now, if this
is preferrable. Rebol is said to be a communication language,
but there are at least two ends to communication, one of those
is that a script communicates its meaning to the programmer.

Some synonyms help understand a program, e.g. yes/true. If I
read a program, I understand that they really mean the same
thing, but one or the other might be more natural at specific
times.

With empty?/tail? it is different. I would naturally think
that they have different meanings, notably
tail?  - if I am at the end of something
empty? - if there is something in the thing I am looking
         at, even if I can't see it at the moment.

So I would vote to change the meaning of empty? to
head tail?

Someone posted that this would be bad, because there are so
many pointers in Rebol. In the contrary, it would be good,
because there are so many pointers.

Just my two cents (oh, well, stating the length of my post,
might be two euro's as well ;-)

regards,

Ingo

ingo@)|_ /|  _| _  <We ARE all ONE   www._|_o _   _ ._ _