Depending on what you're trying to do, you may want to do something like this:

foreach url parse read %urllist.txt "" [
site: to-url url
; do something with 'site here
]

or you might have it go right into a parse or some other operation:

foreach url parse read %urllist.txt "" [
parse read to-url url [parse rules here]
]

Good luck!

--
Andrew Grossman
http://web.dartmouth.edu/~grossman/

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi
   Can anybody help me with a tiny problem, i'm trying to make a rebol script which
reads a text file which contains a list of urls, parses the result into a series and
store them as a block of urls.

extract from the script:

webaddresses: read /creative/comms/rebol/scripts/data/urls
; the file urls is a list of urls eg: http://www.yahoo.com  http://www.amiga.org/
etc ......

webaddresses: parse webaddresses ""
;  now i parse them in order to seperate the url list into a series of strings.

 Problem!

i need to convert the contents of webaddresses from a series of strings into a series
of urls.

failed attempts!

webaddresses: make url! webaddresses ; in an attempt to convert all the strings in the
series in one go.

oneaddress: make url! first webaddresses ; in an attempt to just convert one.

i can make a series of urls using the line below ..

urls: [ http://www.yahoo.com http://www.amiga.org ]

but i'm trying make a series of urls by reading them from a file, so that the routine
is portable without needing to be modified.

- a big thankyou to all who can help me !!! :)

den

stai kool

--- end of quote ---