Your comment "remember we're talking cross-platform with Rebol." makes my
point precisely.
I submit that it is neither reasonable nor desireable to require that
EVERYTHING related to Rebol be platform independent. The core language,
yes; utilities and aids (such as help files), no! PDF files are great for
the platforms supported; RTF is fine for others. Hopefully the Rebol
community is not so "religious" about cross-platform development that it
fails to take advantage of key features or products within particular
platforms where they exist!