Hi Larry,

first comment, I like your version 3 best:

>tic3: func [] [toc3: func [] compose/deep [print ["elapsed time:" now/time -
>(now/time)]]]

This approach really makes good use of REBOL's abilities. While it looks
trivial, I think that functions, which create functions, which in turn
reflect some state at the time the "dynamic" function was created is an
important technique for building smarter programs. In a different
application the state embedded in the created function coould very well be
more complicated and specific to the creating function then in your case.
Imagine a whole chain of function-creating functions.

Elan