Hi,

would it be usefull to have 'first available to parse? I just can't find
example right now, but let's say I want to find something, but apply my
rule according to what is found first, so we could have better tree of
possibilities:

parse str ["sometext" [thru "a" | thru "b" | thru "c"] to end]
parse str ["sometext" first [thru "a" | thru "b" | thru "c"] to end]

the problem is - with above rule - it doesn't matter, if "a" is found
later than "b" or "c". The second and the third part of subrule have not
equal rights to first part of subrule - "a". So I thought extending
parse dialect by 'first could help here, as each OR could be applied
from the same position, and the winner is an option with lower 'index?

I can't find any practical usage right now, it just came to my mind :-)

hmmm ...

"I can't find any practical usage right now, it just came to my mind
:-)"

["I can" [thru "just" | thru "any" | to "now"] "practical" to end]  ;
will fail ...

["I can" first [thru "just" | thru "any" | to "now"] "practical" to
end]  ; would not have to ...

Or is it just work around for 'thru and 'to not accepting subrules?

-pekr-