On 1/24/2000 at 3:08 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
{
My thought is to wait until Rebol has some database capability if I
possibly can.
}

Well, there might be a difference between "capability" and
"connectivity".

The official November 9 product announcement
(http://www.rebol.com/news9B09.html) said
{
Support for ODBC standard for database connectivity
Support for calling 3rd party applications, platform-specific system or
shell commands from within REBOL scripts
Support for calling 3rd party dynamically linked libraries and shared
objects
Improved trace and debug capabilities
}

Which I think means you will be able to use REBOL with embedded
database systems (Borland, Centura, et al), but you may still need a
DBMS product to manage the backend. Of course, from what Carl said
Sunday, /COMMAND may never appear as a distinct product and "what
product [the components] will become part of may vary".

The practical upshot being you might want to decide which OBDC wagon
you'll want to hitch up with REBOL.

Using REBOL as a frontend instead of something like C++ or Java would
be my first preference too, but if I had a paying customer on a
timeline, I'd also want to have a solid second choice lined up.

-Ted.