Hello,

On 28-Jan-00, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>
>> -pekr-
>>

> My mailbox received Petr's reply BEFORE receiving John's question.
>
> The header on John's original has  X-SELMA: [REBOL] 92512
> The header on Petr's response has  X-SELMA: [REBOL] 92533
>
> This sort of thing has happened more frequently in recent weeks, so
> I'm curious re whether it's happening in the path the mail is taking
> to get to me, or if SELMA sometimes gets a batch of emails out of
> order when sending several at once.
>
> Has anyone else seen this phenomenon?

Are you sure it's the order you're recieving them (are you recieving mail
constantly via permanent connection), or might it be the order in your ISP
mailbox or the sorting in your mailer's folder?  I've been wondering if
some of the out of order mail I've seen might be due to poor handling by
the mailer of date/time across varying time zones.  Then there's the
question of whether each party's clock stays on the proper time (and zone).

Elliott