I'm trying despartly to get rebol to use basic authentication with a proxy
server.

I've tried using 'generic and the 'socks type for the default and http
schemes.

I have not been able to get rebol to generate the required http 1.0 headers:

Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive^M
Proxy-Authorization: Basic xxxxxxxxxx=^M

Where the xxxx is username and password encoded in base64

I have verified this with trace/net.  I have also used the web-proxy.r
script and was able to
verify that rebol will work correctly as a proxy for between MSIE and my
proxy/firewall server.

If these headers are not standard in rebol's http implementation is is
possible to override the http open function and append the required headers?

thanks for the help
JH