Holger Kruse wrote:
>Brian Hawley wrote:
>>and that the patent problem will go away on
>> 20-Sep-2000 (RSA patent expires).
>
>That only applies to the RSA patent. There are other licensing
>problems, e.g. involving RC4 and some other protocols, and these
>problems don't go away so quickly.

Darn.

>> On the other hand, how difficult would it be to use OpenSSL?
>
>Using OpenSSL is an option, at least for Unix.

I'm using it well enough on Win9x/NT, and gather that its VMS
support is good (don't remember whether REBOL supports VMS).
I hear that they're even in process on porting it to Mac.

I'd even be happy if such support was in /Command, as I need
SSL/TLS for work, as long as it happens soon. That would help
solve the main problem with licensing patents (money).

Brian Hawley