Take a look at the docs on try.  The usual technique is something like

    if error? try [
        ... some code that might break here ...
    ][
        ... do the right thing for breakage ...
    ]

or

    either error? try [
        ... some code that might break here ...
    ][
        ... do the right thing for breakage ...
    ][
        ... do the right thing for success  ...
    ]

You might want to take a look at benchweb.r on rebol.org (it was
written early in my efforts at learning REBOL, so I don't hold it
out as a good overall example, but you might pick up a hint or two.)

-jn-