I'd like to see Rebol as an extension language I can use in my app, just like
VBA or the scheme extension language of Linux, but currently it doesnŽt seem
to evolve to providing such a services.

For example IŽd like to run other programs from Rebol using it as a command
interpreter ( very much powerful replacement of windows command.com ). I got
very dissapointed when I discovered that Rebol doesnŽt allow to do this.

The Rebol FAQ says that some people have done this by writing to files while
keeping another proccess scanning the files for launching the external
programs. It also says that a future rebol/command would allow this ( and I
hope many more things ). Do you know something about it?

And what do you think about a Rebol extension language tool?

thanks   /cesar