From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2000 12:59 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] problem with sort a file

Hello,

I tried to sort a file in a reverse order according to the date, which is
the
first column of the file. e.g foo.txt looks like this:

1-Feb-2000  bla bla bla
9-Feb-2000  bla bla bla
3-Feb-2000  bla bla bla
..

My script is :
file: read/lines  %foo.txt
file2: sort /skip file 4
write/line %foo2.txt file2

The output file foo2.txt looks as same as foo.txt, it didn't sort at all.
Can anyone tell me what's the problem?

BTW, How can I sort the date in reverse order: sort/compare %foo.txt  func
[a b]
[a > b]  only sort the first character instead of the whole date expression.

Can I combine these two processes together?

Thank in advance.

Tiana