Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED]!

On 11-Feb-00, you wrote:

 b> What is the meaning of the integer returned by *-io?

The actual number of characters read/written.

 b> How are they supposed to behave when passed negative lengths?

I never tried. :-)

 b> Do they only work on network ports, or do they also work on
 b> file ports? If they are supposed to work on file ports, why
 b> does read-io stop working before the end of the file?

Hmm... I think I used read-io on files and it worked.

 b> If you aren't supposed to use them, what documented function
 b> can you use that performs their function?

With file ports you should be safe with copy/part.

Regards,
    Gabriele.
--
| Gabriele Santilli / /_/_\_\ \ Amiga Group Italia --- L'Aquila |