In einer eMail vom 24.02.00 12:24:36 (MEZ) Mitteleuropäische Zeit schreibt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

> Maybe I wasn't clear enough, my posting was referring to situations in
which
> one
>  has to "glue" together the execution of multiple scripts, not necessarily
> all of
>  them written in Rebol. A motivation could be legacy applications (if we
call
>  "legacy" whatever is already there and we won't/can't modify/rewrite).
>  To give a real example, I need to integrate a number of Perl scripts with
> Rebol
>  scripts; I'm doing that via a main shell script - though this detail is not
>  relevant. In my case it's not a question of legacy software - I had to
write
>  some pieces in Perl because I need to access a RDBMS, something I can't do
> today
>  in Rebol.
>  So the "driver" script (the high-level shell script in my case) needs to
> know
>  what's going on with the execution of the Perl and Rebol scripts. Perl
poses
> non
>  problem, but with Rebol I can't use the same mechanism. Of course I can
have
> it
>  worked out - I was wondering if anybody else felt my same need.
>  I think the matter may be considered on the level of "design principles"
or,
> in
>  some sense, on the "philosophycal" side of what one expects from a
> programming
>  language...
>
>  Ciao
>
>  Mauro

Why not using perl for the main-script, it can start external programs, so
also rebol.
i think rebol can write to stdout, so simply pipe the result to perl?
i don't know mutch perl, if it can make bidirectional pipes when starting,
both can even communicate over it.
i searched for perl with bidirectional pipes once a bit, but did not find
them. So if you know, please tell :)

Gruss Volker