I'd think that calling it REBOL for Windows might offend those
who use REBOL/View on Linux right now. Otherwise, you have a
valid point, but...

> The big advantage of Rebol over Java was that it worked on all
> platforms. If that is no longer to be true, then Rebol ceases to be
> interesting.

Haven't you heard that it's a beta? I wouldn't expect it to be
ported everywhere until the general bugs are worked out, and the
API a little less in flux.

It's not really a public beta either. The current public REBOL,
/Core, is aggressively cross-platform. There's no reason that
REBOL/View wouldn't be as cross-platform when it's released.

Brian Hawley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]