Hi Brad,

Those were the words of [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
<...>
> No.  You are correct, hence my complaint.  It wasn't targeted at Rebol, but
> scripting languages in general.  I'm C/C++programmer, and I constantly have
> hopes that a scripting language will arise that I can switch to.
<...>

Have you seen pliant? ( http://pliant.cams.ehess.fr/ )

I think there is nearly nothing you can't do with it (if you had
good docs, that is).

It does tcp/ftp/http/smtp/
scripts are compiled when started
can use dlls / be used as dll (there seem to be still some rough edges)
highly customizable (even the whole syntax)

on the downside:
only Linux / Windows
10 MB on disc
slow on startup
missing docs
default syntax is awful

but if someone implemented a rebol syntax translator for pliant ;-)

regards,

Ingo

ingo@)|_ /|  _| _  <We ARE all ONE   www._|_o _   _ ._ _
www./_|_) |o(_|(/_  We ARE all FREE> ingo@| |(_|o(_)| (_|