Thought I would throw a little different take on
this thread:
I'm a modestly accomplished C/C++ programmer. I use
C++ extensions carefully and conservatively. I love
C because of it's great extendability. I've done a lot
of CGI programming in this medium
and will most likely continue with it as my main programming
language for the foreseeable future, especially for
large databases.

I'm using rebol because it is a C program written by
far better programmers than I am. (Carl S and company).
I know it will be a valuable addition to my tool kit.

And I am also looking at Python. Rebol has got a lot
to learn from Python, but I think they WILL learn
from python and be better than either python or perl.

just my point of view.
tim