Yes, these were exactly my concerns I once tried to express
to Carl, but I didn't succeed well.

I think the license for the free versions of Rebol should
definitely show this freedom.

regards,

Ingo

Those were the words of [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> If I write a client-side application using REBOL/Core,
> may I distribute it without requiring users to obtain
> their own copy through rebol.com?
>
> The Core agreement seems to say "no" in that part about
> non-transferability.  I'm hoping I got this wrong as it
> would put a damper on the distribution of my application.

<license agreement stripped>

> Take Java for example.  The runtime can be separated from
> the development environment so they have separate license
> agreements but that is not the case with REBOL since it is
> both the environment and the runtime.  If the answer to my
> question really is "no" then I am disappointed both for the
> viability of my application and for that of REBOL in
> general as it will be difficult for it to overtake Java's
> level of market penetration without changing the agreement.

ingo@)|_ /|  _| _  <We ARE all ONE   www._|_o _   _ ._ _
www./_|_) |o(_|(/_  We ARE all FREE> ingo@| |(_|o(_)| (_|
http://www.2b1.de/Rebol/                     ._|      ._|