Why don't you write a IMAP protocol for REBOL?

Douglas Vos - EDS/GM-BSU Webmaster
e-Mail: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 1:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [REBOL] RE: sendmail

I second the motion.  REBOL should pipe output to sendmail.

My web host offers its 150,000 customers POP/IMAP mailboxes but not SMTP.
Mail
can be received, but not sent, at least not by SMTP.  Sendmail is the only
way.
One can log into Unix and type sendmail commands in the terminal window.
One
can also write procmail scripts.  The company told me there was no way for
them
to authenticate SMTP, so they had to shut it down.  This kind of thing is
happening all over the web.

Sendmail is mandatory for any sort of newsletter or discussion list run over
e-mail.  And procmail "recipes" are exactly the sort of cryptic, error-prone
Unix syntax that REBOL could replace.

Some people suggest running SMTP servers from home.  To me it's not a good
idea.
The whole point of using a hosting firm is to let them handle 24/7 uptime
and
server hardware costs and software configuration.

Mark