Correct.
You caught me reading email too fast.  REBOL will not deal with the
proxy for SMTP if it is set to 'generic.

Another way to shut off the proxy for a certain protocol is to set the
proxy to false for that protocol:
system/schemes/smtp/proxy/host: false

This will prevent the default proxy settings from falling through into
it.

Sterling