I had a similar problem with IIS 4.0 and 5.0, where I could not kill a rebol
cgi process that was having problems. I would open task manager, try to end
the process, and get an "access denied" error. I found that if I stopped the
web server, through the management console, or through the Services applet
in Control Panel, I could then go back and end the rebol process
successfully in task manager. I didn't have to reboot the server.