>> > YOU had cassette tapes?  Well, you sure had it easy!
>> >
>> > Why, we used to lie awake at night, DREAMIN o' cassette tapes!
>>
>> So, you remember storing programs on punched paper tape, then?
>
>you mean you had a paper tape machine?...wow! We used to have to
>store our source code with paper and pencil...;^)

Once programmed a PDP-8 (pre-punch cards) input via a set of 12(?) on/off switches
output on 16(?) LED's. When not in use it was used as a heater (no, I'm not kidding)!

Of course in them days we worked 25 hours a day getting up 3 hours before we went to
bed and lived on a diet of rotten cardboard.  We were only allowed access to the
machine through second class post to a wild monkey who flicked the switches with his
one good tail in a darkened room.  Of course we were a lot happier back then.
Tell that to the youth of today though ;-)
Joseph Kehoe, MSc
Raven Internet Technologies Ltd.
ph: +353 503 52450
www.raven.ie