FINALLY!!!

No matter what I tried I could not get the "send"
command to work on my NT4/IIS3.0 via a certain cgi
script. If I called a basic "send" script on its own
via cgi it worked fine, the console worked
fine...EVERYTHING WAS WORKING FINE... except the
script I NEEDED to work.

Here's what happened...

My script was something like...

the-script-in-question.r ;residing in the cgi
folder... and had the following code...

do %/c/remote-folder/file1.r ;a irrelevant script
do %/c/remote-folder/file2.r ;a script that looks up
the e-mail address
do %/path-to-cgi/mail.r ;the mailing script that would
send the mail

This would not work, but if I called the mail.r script
directly via cgi.. it would. THIS COMPLETELY BAFFLED
ME.

As it turns out, when you call a script in the cgi-bin
it will execute normally... UNTIL the script LEAVES
the cgi-bin to read or do ANYTHING! (as in going out
to read file1.r and file2.r)  When it comes back to
the parent script (in the cgi-bin) it seems to have
picked up a NO EXECUTE clause, and thus, would not
"send" anything.

The simple fix was to move the do %/path-to-cgi/mail.r
to the top of the list as such

do %/path-to-cgi/mail.r
do %/c/remote-folder/file1.r
do %/c/remote-folder/file2.r